RESPECTIVE FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND PRINCIPAL
IN RELATION TO ADMISSIONS TO THE SCHOOL
The Board of Governors, having agreed the criteria for admission, has delegated to the transfer subcommittee of the Board of Governors to decide which particular applicants shall be admitted to the school in accordance with the criteria and any appropriate statutory regulations issued by the Department of Education.
ADMISSION CRITERIA 2016
For Year 8 in 2016-2017 School Year
St Patrick's Grammar School, Armagh is a Catholic Grammar School for boys. This school seeks to admit boys whose parents are
in agreement with the philosophy and aims of the school, as outlined in the school publications.
The following admissions criteria will be applied in the order of priority set down below:
1. Applicants who, at the date of application, normally reside in any of the following parishes: Armagh, Aghaloo, Clonfeacle, Eglish, Kilmore, Loughgall, Portadown, Tandragee.
2. Applicants who have, or had, a brother enrolled in St Patrick’s Grammar School or St Brigid’s High School, or applicants who are the eldest boy in the family.
3. Applicants who are sons of permanent members of staff.
4. Applicants who attend any Maintained, Controlled or Integrated Primary School located within the boundaries of the parishes listed in criterion 1.
5. Applicants who will have moved into one the parishes listed in criterion 1 by 1 September 2016.
In the event of oversubscription then applicants will be admitted by a criterion that prioritises applicants where the letters of their name (as entered on the Birth Certificate) places them on a rank established by any order of all of the letters of the alphabet. Applicants will be selected for admission on the basis of initial letter of surname (as entered on the Birth Certificate) in the order set out below. This order was determined by a randomised selection of the letters of the alphabet:
M B N D J F E O H G C W T L Q I A P S R Z U Y X K V
In the event of surnames beginning with the same initial letter, the subsequent letters of the surname will be used in alphabetical
order. In the event of two identical surnames, the alphabetical order of the initials of the forenames will be used.
DUTY TO VERIFY
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any Transfer Form. Parents/Guardians of applicants who are entitled to Free School Meals should ensure that they tick and sign at the appropriate box on the Transfer Form. Parents/Guardians should note that they may be asked to produce original documents verifying information pertinent to the school’s admission criteria, including documents to verify the applicant’s age and address. Parents/Guardians should likewise note that the provision of false, incorrect or inaccurate information or failure to provide information within the deadlines set by the school can result in the withdrawal of a place or can render the school unable to offer a place.